- Government open to more measures to boost economy: CEA K V Subramanianon June 20, 2021 at 9:38 am
CEA K V Subramanian added that the demand for a fresh stimulus package has to be considered against the backdrop of a host of initiatives taken by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her budget for 2021-22 presented in February.
- Consumer demand may rebound strongly in Q2 this fiscal, says Trent Chairman Noel N Tataon June 20, 2021 at 8:45 am
With growth drivers such as favourable demographics, increasing per capita and disposable income, and growing consumption, India is expected to return to a strong growth trajectory, despite uncertainty over near-term outlook, he added.
- Insolvency law changing the way society perceives business failures, says M S Sahooon June 20, 2021 at 8:19 am
Little over five years after its enactment, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), which provides a time-bound and market-linked framework for resolution of stressed assets, has passed the constitutional muster.
- Labour ministry mulls extending ABRY deadline till March 2022 to boost fresh hiringon June 20, 2021 at 7:51 am
Under the ABRY approved by the Union Cabinet in December last year, the government pays mandatory employees provident fund contributions of workers as well as employers for new recruits for a period of two years.
- SEBI halts PNB Housing Finance’s Rs 4,000 crore deal with Carlyle Groupon June 20, 2021 at 6:51 am
The market regulator has said preferential issue shall not be acted upon till the company undertakes valuation of shares from an independent registered valuer.
- CII president suggests measured opening up of activities to avoid new COVID waveon June 20, 2021 at 6:16 am
The focus of opening up in the immediate run, T V Narendran said, should be on economic activities including restarting the supply chains as they are essential for reviving the growth and ensuring livelihoods to the vast majority of the workforce.
- Deeply concerned with inconvenience caused by new e-filing portal, committed to resolving all issues at earliest: Infosyson June 19, 2021 at 3:58 pm
On June 9, Infosys had said it expects the system to stabilise in the course of this week. Finance ministry officials will meet representatives of Infosys on June 22 to discuss issues and glitches on the portal as users continue to face inconvenience.
- Don’t lecture India on freedom of speech, democracy, says Prasad to social media firmson June 19, 2021 at 3:53 pm
The new IT rules, which were originally announced in February, give users of the platform a forum for redressal for their grievances, Prasad said, adding that they are aimed at regulating content on social media firms and making likes of Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter more accountable to legal requests for swift removal of posts and sharing of details on the originators of messages.
- Govt amends rules pertaining to Indian Accounting Standardson June 19, 2021 at 2:53 pm
Under the revised rules, entities are required to make additional disclosures related to interest rate benchmark reform.
- Labour ministry notifies monthly pension relief of Rs 1,800 for dependents of ESIC beneficiarieson June 19, 2021 at 1:39 pm
“The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, do hereby notify the scheme ESIC COVID-19 Relief Scheme under Section 19 of the Act as a welfare measure in case of death of insured person due to COVID-19,” the ministry said in the notification. The labour ministry has sought suggestions on the scheme within a month.
- Centre working on real-time translation tool to bridge language barrier among peopleon June 19, 2021 at 1:23 pm
This ambitious language translation project, with a timeline of 5-7 years, is being developed using artificial intelligence and modern technologies to end the language barrier in the country.
- Repo rate expected to remain unchanged in FY22: Emkay Globalon June 19, 2021 at 11:51 am
“We do not see any rate actions in FY22. We reckon RBI’s focus on keeping the term premia low will gather pace as global financial conditions might start to tighten gradually through the year,” said Madhavi Arora, Lead Economist, Global Financial Service in the report.
- Expert panel on fixation of minimum wages likely to submit recommendations at the earlieston June 19, 2021 at 9:37 am
“The expert group will submit its recommendations to the government as early as possible,” it said on Saturday. The clarification by the government comes after it notified the three year tenure of the expert group which gave an impression that the Centre is not keen to announce a floor level minimum wage anytime soon.
- No intention to delay fixing minimum wages: Labour Ministryon June 19, 2021 at 8:54 am
Earlier this month, the ministry announced that the Centre has constituted an expert group under the chairmanship of renowned economist Ajit Mishra to provide technical inputs and recommendations on fixing these wages. The tenure of the expert group is three years.
- Swiss authorities asked to provide info on deposits by Indians in Swiss banks: Fin Minon June 19, 2021 at 8:51 am
The move comes following reports of deposits by Indian Swiss banks rising to Rs 20,700 crore at the end of 2020, from Rs 6,625 crore at the end of 2019.